Hope you’re all well! Moving on from last weeks post, this week I will be sharing with you how you can transform an old long tank top into a bodysuit. If you missed last weeks post you can read this here.
Bodysuits have become a staple in my wardrobe for a long time now, but sometimes they can be rather expensive, so this is a cheaper alternative. Read on to discover how to make one yourself.
You will need:
- Lay down your long top down on a flat surface.
- With your chosen underwear, lay them on top of the top with the crotch sitting on the hemline of the top. Cut two slits, remembering you’ll need a seam allowance too.
- Then, place your underwear on the widest part of your top, cut from the slits you have just created and cut all the way up following the curved shape of your underwear.
- Using your underwear for a guide, pin the top along one curved edge only on the top half of the top. Then fold the top in half from the front. Pin the other half using the same pins.
- You now have a guide to neaten up the front pantie line. Using scissors cut along the edge leaving a seam allowance.
- Try on the body to see how it fits, you may need to cut the arch of the leg if needed. If you want a high leg body, cut the arch higher on the front and a little from the back.
- Now you can sew the hem along the 4 curved edges. You should use a zig zag stitch for this.
- After, you need to sew the crotch up, you can do this by pinning the body front sides together, then just sew a line across the bottom, this will take 2 seconds.